Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic 10 Words, 1 Paragraph. (Read 1313 times)

Laga Mahesa
Forum Administrator
Teacher

10 Words, 1 Paragraph.
Sep 20th, 2015 at 2:21pm

Using the following words, make one paragraph that is mostly correct. B students will be forgiven some mistakes.

• You may change the order, tense and form of the words.
  • Using advanced punctuation (; : ... -) will help!
  • The funnier the better!

1. calm
  2. investigate
  3. fish
  4. monopoly
  5. space
  6. China
  7. hunt
  8. cheesecake
  9. monkey
  10. elevator

At the end of the week we will choose the winners. The two best responses will get a pencil case, and three runners-up will get 5,000 Rp.

Send me a message if you want a dedicated board for a specific topic.
IP Logged

kim hye in
Student
Grade 11

Re: 10 Words, 1 Paragraph.
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 7:54am

Hi, My name is Fish and I'm a monkey. haha I live in China working in a laboratory. In my laboratory, me and my colleague investigate human beings. This year's ultimate goal is to see the possibility of human living without any interruption of us. Did I tell you about our relaxing area? My laboratory has a big advantage. There is an elevator that connects the Earth laboratory and the Space laboratory. In the Space laboratory we usually have a rest. Oh there was an emergency yesterday. Me and my assistant was calmly playing monopoly and eating cheesecake at the space laboratory. Suddenly the emergency bell rang and we rushed down to the Earth laboratory. We saw the group of people hunting the other group and eating each other. I poured a hot water into the cage and the human all died. Our investigation failed and I erased the first clause on the investigation list and wrote a memo beside it. The memo was ...'Human beings failed to survive because of each other-04.April.2444.'
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2015 at 7:56am by kim hye in »  

IP Logged

Laga Mahesa
Forum Administrator
Teacher

Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 9:54am

kim hye in wrote on Sep 21st, 2015 at 7:54am:
Hi, My name is Fish and I'm a monkey. haha I live in China working in a laboratory.

That was awesome. I'd totally read a book with this setting.

IP Logged

jacaranda
Student
Grade 11

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 11:53am

I am a human-like alien. The place where I live in is space. It's calm, peaceful, except for a few meteorites bumping into each other every ten seconds. My friends and I are playing monopoly- the hard way. We decide to change the rules. The game isn't about building houses in cities like the usual version, but to investigate the living creatures inside Earth. So if we land on China, for example, we go to Earth on a time travel elevator and try to survive there for a week. The other day, we were hunting monkeys in the Amazon, when a lake containing fishes, probably piranhas, were trying to eat our cheesecake we had brought from New York. Alarmed by the attack, we go back to space, but since we lost our delicious treat, we go to Greece, (it's currently 776 BC) where they serve cheesecake in the Olympic games. We watch the games and enjoy the first version ever of cheesecake and travel back to our home, taking a wreath made of an olive branch as a souvenir. That day was special, because we got to see the Gods the humans believed. (They aren't real!!!!) Anyway, long story short, we ate cheesecake.

IP Logged

Laga Mahesa
Forum Administrator
Teacher

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 2:12pm

Poor piranhas, no cheesecake.  Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint