Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Writing: Short Story, Fantasy (Read 2877 times)

Laga Mahesa
Forum Administrator
Teacher

Writing: Short Story, Fantasy
Sep 20th, 2015 at 2:25pm

Three JIKS students have been chosen to take part in a one-day student exchange with Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Now choose:

1. Write about your day, starting from when you exit the bus at Hogwarts.
  2. Write about the Hogwarts students' day at JIKS, starting at 6:50am.

• There is no word limit - no minimum, no maximum. However, do remember that this is a story. A couple of sentences don't count.
  • You have until Sunday to submit, make any edits or add new content.

At the end of the week we will choose the winners. The best response will get a quadcopter, and two runners-up will get a flash drive. All participants will get a participation boost for participating.  Cool

The Winners:

First: jacaranda
Second: Minah, Potato Head, turtlemaniac

Yes, I know I said 2 but the runners up were so close and I'm feeling generous.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2015 at 2:57am by Laga Mahesa »  

Send me a message if you want a dedicated board for a specific topic.
IP Logged

Ju Ha Kim
Student
Grade 11

Re: Writing: Short Story, Fantasy
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 3:28am

I think it will be really terrific day for both exchanged students. Naive Hogwarts' student will suffer from painstaking JIKS' class and JIKS' student who went to Hogwarts will barely survive from terrible magics and other blood- thursted creatures.

IP Logged

jimni
Student
Grade 11

Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 3:28am

Write about the Hogwarts students' day at JIKS, starting at 6:50am
I think that Hogwarts students' day is interesting

IP Logged

coghksla98
Student
Grade 11

Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 3:35am

When Hogwarts student entered JIKS, Mr.Choi was surprised because he saw a new student bringing wand to school. When he saw students walking around a field, he said few words and suddenly disappeared. It was his teleportation to his new class room(11-1). Ms.Lee introduced the new student to classmates. Students laughed at him because he were wearing weird hat and bringing odd stick.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2015 at 3:23am by coghksla98 »  

IP Logged

Laga Mahesa
Forum Administrator
Teacher

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 3:38am

All good ideas. These are short stories, remember... make 'em long! Ish...  Wink

IP Logged

dadadadada
Student
Grade 11

Reply #5 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 3:46am

My name is Herry porter. I spent my time for using magic. That is really fantastic I think.  Cheesy
I'm study in hogwart. I get up 6:50am. The magic alarm clock is start to talk with my mother's voice. If I can't wake up, the clock doing shouting. I spent my time for soccer use flying shoese. I'm very happy my life in hogwart.

IP Logged

Minah
Student
Grade 11

Reply #6 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 8:07am

Today, I wake up in the morning and wore my robe. When I look at the mirror, I just remembered that today is the day that I'm going to JIKS for a one-day student exchange. I was so excited to meet Korean students!

When I went down the stairs and look outside the window, there was a blue colored school bus waiting for me.  It was totally different with my school, Hogwarts, bus. I get on the bus and look around to find a empty seats. But everyone in the bus was sleeping and staring at their smart phones. I act normally and be seated.

The bus arrived, and I exit the bus. I look at my watch and it was 6.45am. I use my wand and teleporate to the classroom. No one had a wand except for me. I use my wand and be invisible to watch other students because everything was unfamiliar to me. The bell rang, and school started.

Thiirrrnnnggggg~

But some students were still standing outside the class and chat with there friends. This can't happen in my school. Finally the school ended, and I was so tired. I miss my school and class using my magical powerful wand. I can never forget this day. huh....
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2015 at 9:50am by Laga Mahesa » 
Reason: Paragraphs! 

IP Logged

Laga Mahesa
Forum Administrator
Teacher

Reply #7 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 10:13am

Minah wrote on Sep 21st, 2015 at 8:07am:
Today, I wake up in the morning and wore my robe.

A bit more bulk and some proofreading will probably get you a very high chance at winning this category.  Wink

IP Logged

Potato Head
Student
Grade 11

Reply #8 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 7:13am

I got out of the bus, trembling.
I was feeling awkwardly sick, no, i was literally feeling sick.
I could feel an urge to puke and had no more power to try tostop it.
The ride to Hog warts was a nightmare. An experience i would never want to face again.
The speed of it .. was terrifying.  all I could recall was the endless cycle of waking up and fainting.. By the time, I felt the bus stop with a hard crash,
I could hear the bell of arrival that were performed by a creature.
Maybe  a myth?
or was it a  dwarf?
well what ever it was, it was starting to get on my nerves
From the vicious- ride, I was  practically in a half-conscious state.
My vision were out of focus, and the voices of my friends seemed like an echo.
The moment I stepped down to the grassy ground I could feel rapid shivers on my spine.
  I started to tremble, hard. I did not know the reason why I was trembling, but
its seemed to be a symptom of maybe fear or excitement?
It could have been both, but it was difficult to make up my emotion with
my messed up condition.
Without realizing I stumbled and lost the  grip of my best  friend, Jim
who was also chosen to take part in one-day student exchange.
The world started to spin, shifting shapes, rapidly.
God It felt like I was experiencing another stupid ride of a roller coaster.
No it was way worse.
My vision started to blur, seeing only the color black and white.
I was pretty sure that I was definitely not going to make it and just when  I finished
predicting, I fainted. Right on flat.
SO there I was,  on my  first day of  the visit to the best wizardry school, Hogwarts, I was hopelessly (making out) kissing the ground.
Wow what a great way to start

-
huh another boring story
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2015 at 2:18pm by Potato Head »  

IP Logged

turtle
Student
Grade 11

Reply #9 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 7:17am

"Hey kid! wake up! we're here."

I woke up from long sleep. the bus driver woke me up by shouting from his sit.
I hurriedly get out from the bus. I look up that big building.

"Well, you know your friends are already went there, right? you see that professor? she will lead you from now on. good luck! and see you 1 years later. welcome to Hogwart."

Yes, I'm now here in Hogwart, the school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. 1 weeks ago the Hogwart principle, Professor Dumbledore, came to our school to choose three JIKS students to take part in a one-day student exchange with Hogwart students and yes, I've been chosen by him.

"Hello dear, welcome to Hogwart. Come, everyone is waiting for you."

"Good to see you too, Madam!"

I have this feeling. There going to be many adventures happens to me.

IP Logged

Laga Mahesa
Forum Administrator
Teacher

Reply #10 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 10:41pm

jacaranda wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 3:55pm:
Anyway, back to my story of going to Hogwarts...

I'm waaaaiiiting...   Cheesy

IP Logged

jacaranda
Student
Grade 11

Reply #11 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 5:17am

I finally, finally at in the Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It's been years since the famous Harry Potter has graduated, and we're just here to experience what it would be like to live in a world full of magic. It turns out the book was about an actual existing school. When I discovered that in a magazine, I’ve been yearning to come to this famous school. For one day, only one day, am I allowed to use magic. I was given a entrance card to Hogwarts by the principal of my school, who wished me good luck.

So. Today is the day I go to Hogwarts.

I do enjoy riding roller coasters. But this bus that got me to this school was about a 100 times dizzier and faster. As soon as I got off the bus, I began to violently throw up, but I recovered as one of the students gave me a piece of chocolate. I learned later that day that the chocolate had some kind of medicine in it.

Anyway, back to my story of going to Hogwarts...

The program of experiencing a day at Hogwarts was available in most schools, so there were about 30 students from my country riding the same bus as me. (Since this program is a student exchange program, the people who usually attend Hogwarts are sent to the schools we come from.) We were given robes and wands (created to fit the person who holds them) and rushed to a room as big as our school's soccer field. Hundreds had came from around the world to attend Hogwarts temporarily. About 300 students had applied, and from 10 different countries and different schools. Each country has a chance to apply for the summer experience program, and if you lose the chance, you have to wait about 10 years to apply again, or just move to another upcoming country. I got the chance, because I applied immediately, as soon as I saw the notice come up in the homepage site.

Since the program was a one day adventure, after being told to "enjoy your stay here" we were allowed to explore the school. We were given a schedule and a map, which I didn’t need, since I really loved the series, and because I read them at least five times every book, I realized I knew the school pretty well. I only wanted to explore the school of my dreams, not sit down and write notes about a boring potion class, but since I had to have a record of attending at least one class, I decided to go to the class of my favourite professor, Hagrid.

Hagrid's class was on the borders of school, pretty far from the main building, because many animals lived near his house, and he cared for them, like a lot. The animal I wanted to ride was the hippogriff, which was the animal that helped Sirius escape. He was believed to be lost in the woods, but it turns out that Hagrid had found him and was raising him in the forest. Luckily, the hippogriff was the animal the class would experience today. I was eager to ride the animal, and I volunteered to be the first to make eye contact with it and feed him a piece of chicken. No one else thought it would be fun, like it was featured in the movie, but I wanted to experience it.

I succeeded in being trusted by the animal, and I got to ride it. It was enormous, and had shaggy feathers, it kind of frightened me when it got ready to fly, so I wrapped my arms tightly on the neck of the creature. It began to run faster, and I was flying in a few seconds. I could feel the cold wind, brushing past my cheeks, making my hair and robe flap continuously. With the sun’s rays shining on me, the creature soared to the sky and dived toward the lake near the school. It was a mind blasting view, the cobalt colored lake, reflecting the sunlight and mirroring my appearance, Buckbeak, and the bright sky, temporarily blinding me. I rode the hippogriff for about 2 hours, since I really loved the feeling of being able to fly. I was dropped from its back, and using my parachute, I landed safely, thinking of how wonderful the ride was.

But the bad thing here was that I spent too much time in Hagrid’s class, leaving me with only a few hours to enjoy the time in Hogwarts. I quickly went to the great hall, where there were people sitting down and listening to Professor Mcgonagall, the current headmaster, greeting the students. We were appalled when a huge dinner appeared in the table, and we stuffed ourselves with food, until we got nearly sick.

Then I sneaked into the quidditch grounds with my friends and spent my time trying to catch the snitch, which kept moving around, but I couldn’t get it, because I had no control with my broomstick. Tired of it, I went to the dormitory, where friends I had met from Hagrid’s class were together, waiting for our group, because we had decided to take a picture in order to keep in touch with each other. My witch friend gave me a invisible cloak, which would work only in schools, and I gave her a mp3, introducing her to the music world. Then we position for a group photo, and with a few clicks, we have the printed picture in our hands, and arrive home in a blink, and my adventure to Hogwarts ends.  Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2015 at 4:05pm by Laga Mahesa » 
Reason: Wall of text due to character limit fixed 

IP Logged

Laga Mahesa
Forum Administrator
Teacher

Reply #12 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 12:43am

Hahahaha nice

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint