Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Writing: Short Story, Science Fiction (Read 1985 times)

Laga Mahesa
Forum Administrator
Teacher

Writing: Short Story, Science Fiction
Sep 20th, 2015 at 2:37pm

You have just found evidence which strongly suggests that one of the teachers in the native speaker department is an alien.

If you're stuck, feel free to use this to start the story:
Quote:
Everyone thought he was weird. Oh he was fair, pleasant to talk to and his assignments always had a point... but, yeah, there was definitely something different about him.

Staring at the object, I briefly wondered when he would be back. I never thought he was this weird, though. I never thought he was an alien.

• There is no word limit - no minimum, no maximum. However, do remember that this is a story. A couple of sentences don't count.
  • Remember: this is Science Fiction, NOT Fantasy!
  • You have until Sunday to submit, make any edits or add new content.

At the end of the week we will choose the winners. The best response will get a quadcopter, and two runners-up will get a flash drive. All participants will get a participation boost for participating. Cheesy

The Winners:

First: jacaranda
Second: wnalrl, Da In song
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2015 at 2:53am by Laga Mahesa »  

Send me a message if you want a dedicated board for a specific topic.
IP Logged

kim yun ho
Student
Grade 11

Re: Writing: Short Story, Science Fiction
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 3:30am

When I saw him he always doing something strange activities such as taking with himself, eating flowers.And critically he touched chemical by bare hands.  Because of these activities, I think teacher is alien.

IP Logged

jacaranda
Student
Grade 11

Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 3:48am

You have just found evidence which strongly suggests that one of the teachers in the native speaker department is an alien

It has been about a month since I've carefully followed him around and taken notes of what he does in his free time. The teacher is not the person we are used to when we take class. He appears to have some thing he is worried about. He keeps pacing back and forth in his class, and continues to peek through his window blinds. I peeked into his room once when he was out for lunch. His room seemed colorful, unlike his shaggy hair, which is always tidy but fading. The weird thing here is that his hair, when you look at it, slightly changes color every few minutes. It doesn't look like he's dyeing it, but the color constantly changes when I look closely at his scalp.
Another evidence that makes me think of him as a alien is that whenever he comes into our room with his computer, unlike his gentle personality, if we take a look at the music located in his computer drive, they seem violent and heavy, totally opposite from the image we know of. He is tall, and maybe a bit too strict when it comes to correcting papers, which  makes every student to speak ill of him, but he is generous when it comes to turning in homework. The opposite personalities remind me of how he could possibly be an alien who is a undercover spy.
The last time I saw him, the weather was humid and rainy. He seemed down and pressured during the class period, and for the first time, he let us do our own work, when he usually tries to give us work until the last minute. He seemed ill and tired, and his eyes, they seemed out of focus. I was wondering what the problem was when he started to cough. He took his hand to his mouth and started to violently move back and forward. Afraid, most students in the classroom fled and a few went to call a teacher, but I stayed seated and asked, "So. It's time to go back home, right?" He slowly nodded his head and croaked, "How'd you know?" "Your hair, the way you talk, the way you behave... all was suspicious until I found this!" I take out a pen from my pencil case. As I take it out, his face slowly begins to melt and his hair falls to the ground, and a shiny, metal head takes it's place. 'It' looks weird, sick but I approach him with the pen and say" If you want to be the headline for tomorrow's news, stay in disguise. If you want to stay out of trouble, slowly fade into the dark!" He quickly nods his head up and down, gathers his belongings, and slowly, very slowly, disappears. I look at the last bit of him vanish and breathe a sigh of relief, and jot down what has happened in my journal. The students come back, and they ask where the teacher has gone. "Look here", I say, and as they look at my pen, I flash a light, and they stay frozen. I secretly escape the school. No one will know what has happened, except me, because I am KOWC, the Keep Our World Clean, the head of the Space department. My people weren't able to get rid of that alien and I finally have gotten rid of it. So, off to my next mission.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2015 at 6:07am by jacaranda »  

IP Logged

Dah In song
Student
Grade 11

Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 7:41am

"Yes, finally!"
I see him with blood all over his hands with my friend lying on the cold floor-Dead.
I've finally found enough evidence proving he is in fact, an alien
I looked through the window again, and noticed he was staring at me.
I slowly opened the door with my shaking hands, and went up to him
"..Welcome to planet earth my friend."

IP Logged

leesul
Student
Grade 11

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 8:04am

yay alien!  Grin take some photo with me I want to submit it at facebook ! then I will become facebook star horray

IP Logged

wnalrl
Student
Grade 11

Reply #5 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 8:07am

When he came in class, he was always wearing gloves and hat. Also, his hip was always chubby. He always appeared like that. I didn't think it was weird until I saw froggy finger through hole in glove. I was very very surprised! I kept calm and would started to watch my teacher. After that day His gloves were changed to new oned and there was no something weird from him.
Few days after our grade went to school trip.I watched for a chance to get certain evidence. At second day, it was extremely hot day. I was keep watching him. Oh! suddenly he went quiet place alone. It was the chance!! I followed him. Suddenly, he stopped. He took off his gloves and his hand and his long pants! In side of gloves there were creepy forggy fingers, In side of pants there was green long tail and in side of hat there was long ear like rabbit. No Way!! Was he Alien??

and I woke up from my dream!! Smiley

IP Logged

Laga Mahesa
Forum Administrator
Teacher

Reply #6 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 10:01am

jacaranda wrote on Sep 21st, 2015 at 3:48am:
The weird thing here is that his hair, when you look at it, slightly changes color every few minutes.

Great imagination, and very vivid!

Dah In song wrote on Sep 21st, 2015 at 7:41am:
"..Welcome to planet earth my friend."

Well that got dark very fast... I like it! Now... if we treat this as a beginning, can you continue it?   Wink

wnalrl wrote on Sep 21st, 2015 at 8:07am:
and I woke up from my dream!! Smiley

Everything was disturbing and confusing until this sentence, hahahaha.

Send me a message if you want a dedicated board for a specific topic.
IP Logged

tis226
Student
Grade 11

Reply #7 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 6:33am

feeling alone? don't feel alone there are aliens everywhere including me  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint